Site ManagerThis position has been filled.
- Job ID: BBBH3030
- Location: Africa
- Commodity: Gold
- Date Posted: 16 April 2018
- Closing Date: 15 June 2018
- Position Filled: 16 April 2018
Our Client is currently sourcing an experienced and qualified Site Manager to join their mine in Sudan.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with our Gold Mining client, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing gold mining operations in Africa. Our client has selected Globe 24-7 as a recruitment partner.
Our Client has been actively mining and exploring gold in a geologically prospective area recognized as one of the premier areas in the world for exploration and mining of oxide and polymetallic deposits. The high gold potential associated has been proven through 24 years of gold mining.
Primarily responsible for improving the Mine Operations with particular focus on production, planning and cost control, the Site Manager will be responsible for Operational improvement.
- Managing the Site
- Lead the Mine team to better results with proper Planning, Mining Agility and Operations Safety.
- Deliver particular focus in helping Responsibility for developing resource allocation, procurement plans, and cost controls activities
- Managing the Mine /Project interface in feasibility studies
- Provide reporting on activities to the General Manager
- Coordinate the Exploration and Mine Maintenance Activities
- Relevant Mining Management experience and expertise in Mine planning, and Operations or Geology
- 15+ years of relevant mining operations management experience in a Senior Management role, running significant mine budget
- Successful track record of Managing Mining operations
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and operations involving cross-functional and global teams with diverse cultures, within budgetary and schedule constraints.
- Wide understanding, HSE, Quality, Industrial relations, and risk assessments.
- Sound budgetary understanding with ability to interpret project financial reports and accounts
- Previous experience in an African country and familiar with specific challenges and opportunities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound business judgment
- Fluency in English essential
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a Rotational Basis of 6 weeks on and 3 weeks off.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.