PAL Operations SuperintendentThis position has been filled.
- Job ID: BBBH2978
- Location: Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: 25 April 2018
- Closing Date: 24 June 2018
- Position Filled: 25 April 2018
Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt operations in Madagascar is currently searching for an experienced PAL Operations Superintendent. In this role the successful person will be responsible to control critical areas of PAL (Pressure Acid Leach) which include Safety, Environmental Awareness and Performance, supervision of personnel, process and equipment.
Reporting to the PAL Operations Manager
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
In this role the successful person will be responsible to:
- Effectively Manage and Supervise the personnel and equipment in their assigned area of operation ensuring a successful team environment is maintained and ensure that HSE policies and procedures are adhered to and incidents are attended to and managed in a timely manner.
- Ensure all operating personnel within their assigned area receive effective training to meet the requirements of their positions and to achieve competency in operation of equipment and systems within the plant.
- Selecting, training and developing the Malagasy Nationals for supervisory and management positions within the department.
- Ensure cost effective production by managing costs and achieving metals recovery and process efficiency targets.
- Manage the operational risk profile of PAL, collaborating with various parties to prioritize and mitigate identified risks.
- Overseeing the preparation of departmental reports to management on a regular basis
- Approving and providing operations insight, expertise and review to changes within the process both equipment and control system related.
- B.Sc. Degree in Process / Metallurgical or Chemical Engineering OR Equivalent
- Minimum 15 yrs. of experience in complex chemical plants including Metallurgical, Hydrometallurgy and Pressure Hydrometallurgy processes is essential.
- 10 yrs. of supervisory experience at operations level.
- Demonstrated record of training and developing local nationals to assume position of greater responsibilities in the organization.
- Proven experience in managing a diverse group of people within remote locations
- Proven skills in Budgeting, managing and measuring operating plant costs, performance and efficiency
- Proven verbal and written communication competence in English.
- Fluency in French would be advantageous
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a 7/3-week rotational status. Lodging is modern and secure with a pool, gym, etc. Accommodation is first class.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document, via the form below: