Mobile Operations SuperintendentThis position has been filled.
- Job ID: BBBH2922
- Location: Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: 22 May 2018
- Closing Date: 21 July 2018
- Position Filled: 22 May 2018
Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar is currently searching for an experienced Senior Process Engineer to provide process technical assistance to multi-disciplinary teams and process engineering services, including project management skills and discipline specific standards, to support plant modifications and capital projects.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy are working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar. Ambatovy is a multibillion dollar asset employing and contracting over 7000 people of multiple nationalities.
The Senior Process Engineer will
- Provide technical guidance, problem solving and advice to others in the Asset Management team and clients to support improvements in efficiency of operations and services
- Lead and provide process engineering services to support plant modifications and capital projects and ensure that engineering specifications and all company safety and environment policies are adhered to and incorporated into any process design
- Develop, implement and maintain Process Engineering procedures consistent with Ambatovy Engineering practices, conforming to and supporting ISO 9001 certification and in compliance with Ambatovy HSEQ requirements
- Perform and provide process design for plant modifications and capital projects, comprising engineering deliverables such as process design basis, process design calculations, process datasheets, PFDs, flow sheets with mass and energy balances, process engineering calculations including hydraulic calculations, P&IDs, equipment sizing and other process deliverables
- Provide or assist in preparation of process technical reports to various levels of management on issues related to extractive metallurgy and metal recoveries and other process parameters
- Provide mentorship, guidance and coaching, leading to the growth and development of junior process engineers
- An engineering degree (Bachelor's or Master's degree) in Chemical Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer or eligible for registration
- Strong background in process engineering and process technologies with emphasis on hydrometallurgical plant operations.
- Excellent technical abilities to perform problem solving, process risk assessment, process engineering calculations, such as fluid dynamics, heat and mass transfer calculations
- Strong background in project engineering, including all aspects of project management and control
- Experience in process improvements and process design, in chemical, petrochemical or metallurgical operations
- Solid background in process safety and proficient with operation and process safety risk assessment (Hazop, Fault tree, etc.)
- Demonstrated track record of improving and de-bottlenecking processes
- Demonstrated leadership skills, ability to mentor junior personnel
- Proficient with computer applications including Microsoft products and specialized packages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, fluency in French and English is a definite asset
- At least 10 years of experience in a complex high pressure hydrometallurgical complex, refinery operation or chemical industry
- Experience in plant start-up and ramp-up from green field project is a definite asset
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a 7/3 rotational status. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document