Mine Technical ManagerThis position has been filled.
- Job ID: BBBH2832
- Location: Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: 26 February 2018
- Closing Date: 27 April 2018
- Position Filled: 22/02/2018
Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt operations in Madagascar is currently searching for a Mine Technical Manager to manage the mine technical sections of engineering (planning), geology and survey.
Through the Superintendent direct reports, the Mine Technical Manager is accountable for the safe and accurate execution of all mine planning and technical support activities.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy, (a Sherritt International operation), is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
In this role the successful person will be required to:
- Introduce, establish and maintain systems and procedures to 'manage work', from planning, execution, learning and improvements - not only through the Tech Services section, but across the Mine Dept.
- Pro-actively drive the application of best applicable practice in mine planning, technology and operations support.
- Establish and maintain robust relationships with Mine and Process Operations to support timely and accurate grade control definition and reasonable planning scenarios.
- Establish and improve reconciliation processes for metal, water and mass balances.
- Support environmental stewardship and projects through best applicable processes.
- Promote skills development and seek opportunities for the TS section staff.
- Establish area, team and individual skills development plans to meet existing and future business objectives.
- Lead the first principles approach to activity based budget planning and management.
- Facilitate regular workshops to identify capital investment needs and assist in their definition.
- Advanced knowledge of Surpac software, particularly mine planning, geology block modeling and survey modules
- Advanced knowledge of industry best practice mine scheduling software
- Significant exposure to mutli-element high-variability resources
- Relevant experience in large first world integrated mining / processing businesses
- Appropriate experience to qualify as a Competent Person under JORC or National Instrument guidelines
- Must have experience working in a developing country
- Must have experience in the operation and/or project supervision
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- Skills in written and verbal French are considered a strong asset
- A minimum of 15 years of experience, including a significant portion in open pit operations
- Demonstrated success in managing mine technical services on a foreign remote site
- Demonstrated success in managing mixed cultural teams of varying education levels
- University degree in Mine or Geology Engineering
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.