Superintendent Process and Maintenance TrainingThis position has been filled.
- Job ID: BBBH2730
- Location: Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: 27 February 2018
- Closing Date: 28 April 2018
- Position Filled: 27 February 2018
Ambatovy, a Sherritt International Nickel & Cobalt operation in Madagascar, is currently looking for an experienced Superintendent Process and Maintenance Training.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
Ensure effective competency training and development for operations and maintenance employees within the single Ambatovy training framework, to facilitate achievement of company, department and individual goals in safety, production, and organisational effectiveness (including the development, progression and succession of team members).
- Work with the Managers, Superintendent Mine Training, Coordinator Technical Training, and Operations Training Advisors to establish, align and continually improve Ambatovy training and competency development framework including policies, standards, procedures, tools and templates
- Work with client leadership and other stakeholders to ensure the training framework is fit-for-purpose and to encourage mutual ownership and accountability for the system
- Liaise with client leadership, subject matter experts, supervisor/trainers and administrators to ensure planning and completion of training as per training framework specifications. (This includes competency matrices, qualifications frameworks, progression pathways, position profiles, training needs analyses, training plans, module development and update, delivery, assessments, records management and reporting)
- Support the Superintendent Talent Management in completion of organisational effectiveness activities for operations and maintenance employees, including performance management, talent reviews, succession planning; leadership assessment and development planning; mentoring; and employee engagement processes
- Provide leadership, skills training; coaching and support for the Technical Training Coordinator; plus, operations and maintenance Training Advisors, Trainers, Subject Matter Experts and Training Administrators to ensure their ongoing development and progression as per their development plans
- Drive completion of training and development projects including: Establishment of appropriate structure, roles and responsibilities for effective operations and maintenance training, Development of an appropriate strategy for trades training to meet current Ambatovy needs and ensure ongoing availability of a qualified pool of technicians in the future, Identification of supervisor competencies and development needs with a view to implementation of simple and fit-for-purpose supervisors skills training
- Prepare budgets and forecasts for operations and maintenance training as required
- Source and engage external training providers for approved training plans
- Ensure ongoing availability and utility of appropriate facilities, tools and equipment to meet training needs
- Minimum of 10 years related experience in Training, Development and Assessment and 5 years in a Management / Supervisor role
- Relevant Degree in Training and Development
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.