Mine Process SuperintendentThis position has been filled.
- Job ID: BBBH2700
- Location: Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: 29 January 2018
- Closing Date: 28 February 2018
- Position Filled: 29/01/2018
Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt operations in Madagascar is currently searching for an experienced Mine Process Superintendent to manage the mine's ore preparation plant and pipeline operations with a focus on safety, efficiency and quality.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
- Plan, organize and manage mine processing activities and all OPP and pipeline (water and slurry) related activities
- Establish standards to promote healthy, productive and cost-effective activities.
- Seek constructive solutions for healthy and effective ore processing practices
- Be aware, understand, communicate and comply with the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Policies and associated documentation
- Contribute to develop annual capital and operational budgeting
- Create and develop projects improving performance of the OPP operation
- Conduct daily production meetings while interacting with the pipeline, maintenance and electrical personnel to ensure constant flow
- Develop and train National employees to a competency level capable of replacing expatriate staff
- Collaborate with Mine Operations, Maintenance and Technical Services
- University degree or related course material in Mineral Processing or Metallurgy
- At least 8 years of practical experience in ore processing in an expatriate environment
- Exposure within an analytical laboratory
- Experience in staff management; in safety, operational, environmental and social problem management
- Relevant experience in staff training and development
- Excellent planning, organization and supervisory skills
- Technical and mechanical competencies for ore processing and knowledge of analytical laboratories
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with computing tools and database processing
- Fluency in English with French skills desirable
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.