Lead Mechanic - 777 TrucksThis position has been filled.
- Job ID: BBBH2697
- Location: Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: 03 January 2018
- Closing Date: 02 February 2018
- Position Filled: 03 January 2017
Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt operations in Madagascar is currently searching for an experienced Lead Mechanic Trucks (777) to lead all mine maintenance for trucks safely and efficiently. The Lead Mechanic will execute truck maintenance work while respecting statutory requirements, local laws, OEM and Ambatovy equipment safety requirements.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
- Ensure the safe execution of all maintenance activities across heavy and medium mobile equipment, continuous cross-shift performance, the establishment and maintenance of area standards, and the delivery of agreed objectives in areas of work management
- Drive implementation of agreed HSEQ improvement initiatives
- Be aware, understand, communicate and comply with the Ambatovy Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Policies and associated documentation
- Establish and improve systems and procedures to 'manage work', from planning, execution, learning and improvements
- Promote preventive maintenance by motivating personnel to plan and prepare effective work plans and schedules in conjunction with the centralised planning resources
- Oversee and improve the quality of workmanship for Ambatovy and Contractor works
- Identify, recommend and implement training and development of employees in conjunction with training department
- Assist the planning phase with recommended tyre forecasts, publish consumption data and assist with improvement projects
- Minimum 8 years in the supervision/lead for heavy mobile equipment maintenance
- Minimum 10 years post Technical diploma experience in mine mobile equipment maintenance
- Technical diploma in heavy equipment maintenance or similar
- Certification from recognised OEM or Dealers in equipment maintenance / repairs
- Advanced knowledge of equipment and performance expectations in relation to CAT equipment
- Advanced knowledge of maintenance and repair procedures relating to CAT equipment. (777G)
- Advanced knowledge of tooling for Truck maintenance and repairs
- A working proficiency of Microsoft Office suite and Computerised Maintenance Management Systems Software (CMMS' such as Oracle, Ellipse, Pronto or SAP)
- An advanced working proficiency of CAT supporting systems (SIS, ET, VIMS)
- Demonstrated success in coaching national employees and exposure to the challenges of operating in remote sites, developing countries and the development of national talent
- Fluent in English. Some French is advantageous.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.