PAL Instrumentation ForemanThis position has been filled.
- Job ID: BBBH2680
- Location: Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: 15 February 2018
- Closing Date: 17 March 2018
- Position Filled: 15 February 2018
Ambatovy, a Sherritt International Nickel & Cobalt operation in Madagascar, is currently searching for an experienced Instrumentation Foreman to provide supervision and technical competency to the Instrumentation Maintenance Department.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
The Instrumentation Foreman will:
- Direct supervision of team members and contractors
- Work closely with Operations and Maintenance teams across Ambatovy
- Ensure conformance to all related government and site regulations
- Coordinate and lead the Operation Maintenance team for standardization of process, procedure work methods, materials, tools, conformity and integrity of employees and equipment
- Ensure all procedures and drawings are updated to reflect changes
- Promote team spirit and ensure good communications with everyone
- Follow work order management EAM processes and procedures and develop work plans and organize work to achieve optimum productivity, quality and efficiency
- Implement health & safety and safe working practices with strict adherence to codes and government regulations
- Administration functions include submitting accident reports, backlog reports, time cards, cost control and administering company policy
- Develop successors for national development
- Accomplish the work scheduled for each day ensuring availability of the necessary materials, tools and manpower
- Knowledge of a multi maintenance service organization and multi-client
- Physical demands of this position include stair and ladder climbing, periodic confined space entry, wearing protective equipment (chemical suit, goggles, full face mask etc.)
- Computer literacy (EAM, Word, Excel, BAAN, PI)
- Strong familiarity with mechanical equipment, electrical equipment and maintenance best practices
- Supervision and financial knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of regulations and electric codes
- 10 years of maintenance experience in an industrial facility
- 6 years of supervision experience
- Experience with reliability practices
- Instrumentation Diploma or Degree in Instrumentation
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a Rotational (7/3 week) contract for 24 months. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document