Plant Instrumentation SuperintendentThis position has been filled.
- Job ID: BBBH2602
- Location: Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: 13 September 2017
- Closing Date: 12 November 2017
- Position Filled: 09 September 2017
Ambatovy, a Sherritt International Nickel & Cobalt operation in Madagascar is currently looking for an experienced Plant Instrumentation Superintendent to join their team and assume responsibility for overall site instrumentation maintenance coordination.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar.
Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar. Ambatovy is a multibillion dollar asset employing and contracting over 7000 people of multiple nationalities.
- Be aware, understand, communicate and comply with the Ambatovy Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Policies and associated documentation
- Execute integrated, cost-effective plans for preventative, predictive and corrective electrical maintenance
- Manage field execution of instrumentation maintenance and project work plan
- Establish, institute and sustain instrumentation maintenance procedures to support requirements to manage Routine Maintenance work process
- Manage the Plant Instrumentation maintenance budget.
- Respond to instrumentation issues during off-hours (preferred rotational position) and takes ownership role to all site instrumentation systems
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate procedures and training are in place for instrumentation personnel
- Maintain regular contact with outside instrumentation accreditation bodies for changes to standards and the latest technologies in instrumentation equipment maintenance
- Work closely with Utilities, PAL, Refinery and Asset Management
- Takes an ownership role of the whole instrumentation system on site
- Develop and execute integrated preventative, predictive and corrective work plans for site instrumentation maintenance systems to optimize overall instrumentation system reliability
- Minimum of 15 years large petrochemical or hydrometallurgical instrumentation maintenance experience, with demonstrated field and management experience in leading teams
- Instrumentation engineering degree, technical diploma or equivalent training and background
- Demonstrated team leadership skills in a cross cultural organization
- Strong instrumentation field experience and technical knowledge
- Strong leadership and communications skills with a focus on continuous improvement
- Experience working in developing countries an asset
- Demonstrated track record of training and developing subordinates to assume positions of greater responsibility in the organization
- Strong continuous improvement background
- Fluency in English required, fluency in French is an asset
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a 7/3 rotational status. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.