Manager Process TechnologyThis position has been filled.
- Job ID: BBBH2600
- Location: Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: 02 October 2017
- Closing Date: 01 December 2017
- Position Filled: 30 September 2017
Ambatovy, a Sherritt International Nickel & Cobalt operation in Madagascar, is currently searching for an experienced Process Technology Manager to provide leadership for the technical operational and metallurgical functions of Ambatovy's processing operations (the mine ore processing plant and Toamasina processing facilities) and will manage the technical personnel in the metallurgical plants, the metallurgy lab, metallurgical accounting and analytical laboratories.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
The Process Technology Manager will:
- Improve the chemical and metallurgical processes by initiating and leading changes to operating procedures, the process and process control to enhance cost effectiveness, operability, process efficiency, metallurgical recovery and reliability of the metallurgical operations.
- Manage all operations and functions of the Metallurgical Accounting Group and with the support of Maintenance, Technical Services (TS) and the Analytical Lab, set-up, maintain and oversee processes and procedures to measure metallurgical accounting of key components throughout Ambatovy's process (metals, ammonia, etc.), including:
- Design, selection, maintenance and calibration of key instruments and samplers;
- Specifying sampling management, preparation and analysis procedures;
- Mass balancing and reconciliation and bias analysis of key components throughout the Ambatovy flowsheet;
- Data handling, data storage and reporting.
- Manages metallurgical programs and investigations for the metallurgical operations in the Metallurgy Lab (Met Lab) and provides general oversight for planning and setup for test campaigns, of limited or complex scope, to meet technical goals, budget and deadlines as well as for technical aspects of complex test programs conducted in the Met Lab.
- Ensure all metallurgical technical personnel receive effective training to meet the requirements of their positions and to achieve competency and regular progression.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets and has responsibility for meeting the approved operating cost budget for the Process Technology area.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical or Metallurgical Engineering from an internationally recognized university.
- Essential: 15+ years of experience in metallurgical, hydrometallurgy and pressure hydrometallurgy processes, particularly those that are being used at Ambatovy (Nickel Hydromet Plant)
- Strong Leadership skills and proven experience managing a large team of technical personnel
- Experience in commercial operations, including commissioning and start-up, particularly those involving pressure hydrometallurgy, and other processes that are being used by Ambatovy;
- Has had successful involvement in process development projects, including preparation of project budgets, schedules, and flow sheets, direction and supervision of test work, and timely satisfaction of project deliverables, including reporting; and
- Good communication skills with people at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to share / impart knowledge to both expatriate and national employees.
- Experience working in a remote location.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a Residential or Rotational (7/3 week) Contract for 24 months. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document