Senior SurveyorThis position has been filled.
- Job ID: BBBH2590
- Location: Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: 21 August 2017
- Closing Date: 20 October 2017
- Position Filled: 18 August 2017
Ambatovy, a Sherritt International Nickel & Cobalt operation in Madagascar, is currently looking for an experienced Senior Surveyor to join their team. The Senior Surveyor will manage and coordinate topographic surveys of TMF (Tailings Management Facilities) geotechnical instrumentation and plant site stockpiles to support Asset Management and Operations to undertake small-scale land survey and civil works design.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar. Ambatovy is a multibillion dollar asset employing and contracting over 7000 people of multiple nationalities.
- Day to day management of survey team, survey equipment and survey requests
- Ensure teams have the resources and support to provide superior service
- Quality control on self-performed and outsourced survey / CAD data
- Oversee construction at the TMF or other locations as required
- Provide technical expertise and support to all survey team members
- TMF dam movement monitoring
- Ensure high quality data is collected from TMF dam instrumentation in accordance with the schedule
- Develop and maintain survey monuments and benchmarks around the TMF area
- Teaching / Mentoring staff on survey software and hardware
- Minimum of 10 years of previous survey experience, including a minimum of 5 years on construction survey
- Minimum of 5 years previous drafting / civil earthworks design experience
- Expertise in collection, compilation and verification of survey data, drafting with minimum re-work using appropriate tolls and technology
- Preferably a bachelor's degree in an engineering / surveying discipline with emphasis on surveying and / or geomatics and computer aided drafting / design, or a consistent and extensive on-the-job experience as a Senior Surveyor within the construction industry
- Proficient in surveying, drafting and civil works design software
- Familiar with construction survey fieldworks
- Proficiency in basic survey software (AutoCAD CIVIL 3D, MAP, COVADIS TOPO and others) with hands on knowledge to operate both traditional and modern survey equipment such as theodolite, Total Station, Leica GNSS and RTK Survey drone equipment
- Able to complete bathymetric surveys of the TMF impoundment
- Familiar with coordinate systems calculations and survey monuments management
- Solid technical, organizational and management skills
- Commitment to high personal and workplace health, safety and environment standards
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required, French literacy would be an asset
- General experience in the field of construction and engineering
- Preferably having undergone practical training on most recent survey equipment
- Familiarity with TMF area is desirable
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a 7/3 rotational status. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.