HOD Mine OptimisationThis position has been filled.
- Job ID: BBBH2586
- Location: Africa
- Commodity: Gold
- Date Posted: 11 August 2017
- Closing Date: 10 October 2017
- Position Filled: 03 August 2017
The position of Head of Division Optimisation is within the Mining department of Grande Cote Operations. The HOD Mine Optimisation will be the driving force for managing optimisation and improvement initiatives across the mining teams to deliver business benefits.
Tizir has selected Globe 24-7 as recruitment partner to successfully source the position and add value to the wider recruitment strategy with market knowledge, trends and a previous track record in conducting similar searches.
TiZir Limited is a vertically integrated zircon and titanium business which owns the Grande Côte Mineral Sands Project in Senegal and the TiZir Titanium and Iron Ilmenite Upgrading Facility in Norway. GCO, located 150km NE of Dakar, stretches for more than 100km along Senegal's coastline. It is located in an area characterized by costal dunes and specializes in the mining of heavy mineral sands such as zircon, rutile, leucoxene and ilmenite.
- Lead business and process optimisation and improvement initiatives across GCO, and in conjunction with suppliers and TiZir resources, deliver efficiencies and benefits to internal and external customers
- Present findings and recommendations and communicate these to sponsors and key stakeholders
- Challenge stakeholders to maximise opportunities from business improvement initiatives
- Promote and develop a continuous improvement culture across the business
- Champion the need and benefit by utilising a structured approach to business process improvement
- Identify improvement opportunities and manage improvement requests from the business
- Coach and support project team members in use of optimisation and improvement tools and methodologies
- Document and monitor business processes, business rules, metrics and standard operating procedures as a result of optimization and improvement initiatives
Safety, Health and Environment
- Key leader in implementing and driving the HSE programs covering the Mining function at GCO
- Key participant in the development of HSE standards within the business unit
Business Process Optimisation and Improvement
- Proactively identify, scope and prepare business cases for opportunities to improve processes in conjunction with process owners/managers
- Monitor, develop metrics and report business process performance against accepted standards and KPI's
- Identify benefit realisation targets and ensure these are achieved on each project
- Develop and support data capture and data management processes for core systems to support the delivery of identified projects
- Maintain weekly/monthly status reports to key stakeholders tracking the status of the improvement project
- Demonstrate absolute commitment to corporate values, policies and commercial objectives
- Provide direction, empower, motivate and develop others to achieve business unit, group and organisational goals
- Champion strategic, end-to-end process initiatives within and across all business areas
- Foster a partnership approach to working with the other teams across the organisation and the key business stakeholders
- Establish and proactively manage internal relationships
- Responsible for managing an agreed project budget
- Relevant tertiary training or extensive operational experience in the mining or mineral processing industry
- Must be effective in written/verbal communications
- Must have excellent personnel management skills, including fostering an environment of improvement through training, both on the job and via classroom style programs
- Must have well developed computing skills in basic Office type software plus an ability to comprehend data presented electronically
- It is essential that the incumbent has a proven track record in the operation of a high tonnage open cut mine (or similar), preferably with an associated treatment plant
- At least 10 years post graduate experience or around 15 years' hands on, practical operational experience
Tizir offers a very favourable FIFO of 5/3 and a competitive salary. This is a great opportunity to learn and build a rewarding and fulfilling career.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.