Senior Reliability EngineerThis position has been filled.
- Job ID: BBBH2546
- Location: Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: 05 December 2017
- Closing Date: 04 January 2018
- Position Filled: 01 December 2017
Ambatovy, a Sherritt International Nickel & Cobalt operation in Madagascar, is currently looking for an experienced Senior Reliability Engineer to be a key player in the implementation of best practices related to Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) and Maintenance Strategy Optimization.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar. Ambatovy is a multibillion dollar asset employing and contracting over 7000 people of multiple nationalities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Initiate, implement and control RCFA processes in the responsible area
- Propose technical improvements to improve reliability of equipment and installations
- Improve RCM approach for Plant site equipment and installations
- Act as technical expert for specific complex trouble-shooting efforts and propose technical solutions and alternatives/modifications
- Generate technical reports required to officialise findings, recommendation and analysis
- Propose maintenance strategies adapted to equipment group / class or specific to maximize their life cycle
- Interact with technical and line staff of area's maintenance execution / planning teams for implementation of RCFA and RCM best practices
- Mentor, coach and insure technical knowledge transfer to National Reliability Engineers
- Participate in specific equipment inspections to assess integrity condition of equipment and generate related reports
- Assist in developing, monitoring and compiling department's Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Degree in Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience as a Reliability Engineer in a hydrometallurgical or petrochemical plant
- Previous exposure in implementation of reliability principles in newly built facilities and installations
- Proven experience in defining and implementing maintenance and reliability processes
- Able to initiate and fast track technical knowledge transfer in a developing country workforce context
- Prior experience in providing support for a similar plant would be an asset
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.