Senior Electrical Engineer High VoltageThis position has been filled.
- Job ID: BBBH2517
- Location: Africa
- Commodity: Nickel
- Date Posted: 29 September 2017
- Closing Date: 28 November 2017
- Position Filled: 19 May 2017
Ambatovy, a Sherritt International Nickel & Cobalt operation in Madagascar, is currently looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer - High Voltage. The Senior Electrical Engineer HV will be assigned to make electrical design HV, support technically HS and reliability team, support and advise all client and stakeholders in a plant as Power Plant, Utility, Refinery, Electrical Maintenance Operation and ASSET Integrity.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
Support and advice technically electrical team HV/LV, in field as PAL, Utility, Refinery, Project execution and Maintenance Operation.
- Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) responsibilities: Be aware, understand and comply with the Ambatovy Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Policies and associated documentation.
- Ensure that the work is conducted in compliance with Ambatovy HSEQ requirements.
- Participate in the management of non-conformances, incident and actions as required.
- Participate in HSEQ audits and inspections as required.
- Support the implementation of agreed HSEQ improvement initiatives.
- Understand and participate in the identification of the HSEQ risk pertinent to your work area.
- Actively participate at HSEQ meetings and related initiatives.
- Act as directed in an emergency/disaster situation.
- General environmental duty not to carry out any activity that causes or is likely to cause environmental harm.
- General duty of care to self and others
- Design High Voltage electrical system 11 KV - 6.6 KV
- Technically advise and support operation group (PAL, refinery and Utility) and client as off site, Maintenance group for HV network
- Supervise all surveys related with the feasibility, design, exploitation and performance of production networks and electrical transmission, components and electrical devices as well as of instrumentation and control electronic systems, equipment and components
- Define, log and monitor all protection setting High Voltage (HV)
- Establish, review, update and monitor all electrical procedure relating to engineering activity as design criteria, Specification, data sheet.
- Participate and advise with unbiased reliability and HS team during investigation to determine the root cause failure and/or injury when requested.
- Ability to manage teams consisting of professionals, technicians and workers, multiple projects
- Power Plant optimization
- Strong skills in HV distribution network 11 KV and 6.6 KV
- Strong skills of software SFT for protection relay HV
- Able to detect problems in relation with materials and solve the root causes of these problems
- Able to work within a multidisciplinary unit
- Excellent analytical and synthesis skills in relation with technical information
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good knowledge of industrial project management
- Proficiency with computing tools as Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Malagasy Law and norms applicable.
- Proficiency with low voltage electrical standard NF15100.
- Excellent communication skills French and English
- 10 to 15 years' experience in a similar position preferably from an industrial environment
- Electrical engineering degree
- Software SKM certification
- Software SFT 2841 - 2826 - 2885 Certification
- Electrical Habilitation BR/H0
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a 7/3 rotational status. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.